Congratulations on stepping onto the property ladder and becoming a homeowner! This is an exciting time, and you may be gearing up to make a few additions. It’s essential to maintain and improve the condition of your home if you might sell it in the future. Otherwise, you may want to make some upgrades to suit your style and enhance comfort. Either way, making improvements is a part of being a homeowner.
If you’re wondering, “What should I buy for my new home?” you’re in the right place. You can try several tricks to increase the value of your new home while creating a space that matches your personality and tastes. Find out more about the benefits of upgrading and the top five best home investments you can make to your new home.
Benefits of Upgrading Your New Home and Making Investments
Taking steps to upgrade your home can have some astounding benefits. From saving you money to improving your comfort, there are several reasons why investing in home upgrades is a win-win situation.
Here are some of the top benefits for making investments in your new home:
- Spend less on future maintenance: Investing in high-quality materials, furniture and products can help you save money over time. For instance, better quality carpet or paint that holds up after several years of use means you won’t need to replace them as often. As a result, you won’t have to spend money on more maintenance than necessary.
- Save money on utilities: Renovating can also help you save even more money on utility costs. Upgrading to energy-efficient appliances can cause a significant price cut on your bills. Future homebuyers love seeing energy-saving features that could save them money, which means you can use your upgraded appliances to add even more value to your home.
- Improve your comfort: Certain remodeling projects can improve your family’s overall comfort, which can lead to happier moments with your loved ones. For example, investing in a dishwasher could help you enjoy more time with your family and less time with the dishes. The same idea goes for adding an updated washer and dryer.
- Increase your home’s value: One of the best benefits of investing in improvements is that it can add significant value to your new home. As a result, you’ll likely be able to make more money if you eventually sell your home.
Now, what should you add to your new home? We’ve got you covered. Let’s dive into the top five best new home investments you can start planning today.
1. Upgrade Your Kitchen
Kitchens are often the room most homeowners want to upgrade first, especially if it’s out of date. Depending on your budget, you can choose to go big or small. Either way, you should see at least some money back on your initial investment.
You could decide to upgrade the entire kitchen, including the counters, stove, dishwasher and lighting. You can even make more intensive improvements by adding an extension or a kitchen island or breakfast bar. If you want to make more minor improvements, you could try repainting the room or swap out your fixtures to create a matching look. Adding modern backsplash works, too!
2. Add New Hardwood Flooring
Installing new hardwood flooring is an excellent investment for adding value to your home. Hardwood floors are generally easier to clean and create a more modern look for your home. Carpets are susceptible to stains and are likely to wear quicker than hardwood floors, especially if you have any pets or young children. Depending on the condition of your carpet, you can expect to replace it every five to 10 years.
Hardwood floors can create an attractive and appealing look for your new home. Because of their durability, real estate agents estimate that homes with hardwood flooring can boost your home’s sale price by up to 2.5%. Because you can sand and refinish hardwood floors instead of replacing them altogether, it’s a relatively low-maintenance option that can save you money in the long run.
3. Set Up a Security System
Investing in a home security system is always an excellent idea. It can provide safety for you, your family and your home, giving you peace of mind. Specific security systems can even help you save money on electric, cooling and heating costs by allowing you to control your thermostat and switch off lights all in one mobile phone app. That’s a win-win!
If your neighbors also have security systems, adding one to your home can help create a safer neighborhood for everyone. Plus, when it comes time to sell your home, buyers will love to see how safe and secure your community is, making your home more desirable. If you decide that a security system is worthwhile, you may want to choose one that’s compatible with the internet. This way, you and potential future buyers can check in from anywhere.
4. Renovate Your Bathroom
We spend some of our most intimate moments in the bathroom, so making some renovations to improve comfort is an ideal way to increase your home’s value and appeal to future buyers. Installing new tile, adding shelving or a linen closet and improving the lighting can make a significant impact. If your bathroom needs a total gut renovation, consider choosing showers and toilets designed to save water.
5. Invest in a Standby Generator
In California, it’s essential to have a standby generator to keep your power on amid blackouts. A Generac generator will protect your home and keep it running no matter what bad weather occurs, whether it’s wildfires or storms. A residential generator can sense when a power outage will happen and immediately deliver backup power for your home with ease. Future buyers will also appreciate that your home has a generator.
Turn to All American Generator Services for Your Generator Needs
Making upgrades is a perfect way to make long-term investments that can add value and increase the selling price in the future. A home standby generator is a great option that many Californians are looking for in their new homes. All American Generator Services has proudly served California for over 30 years.
We’re a veteran-owned, woman-owned family business committed to treating our customers as part of our family. We’re proud to provide high-quality generators to keep your power and lights on during power outages. We have locations in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.
Contact us today to learn more about the services we can provide to add value to your new home.